Monday, August 20, 2007

The ducky cup lesson

Becoming a parent has caused me to reflect on a lot of things I'd never considered before-
like what was it like to be the mother of the Messiah? What was Christ like as a toddler? and so forth.

Sunday I was given an opportunity to reflect on my relationship with God.

I decided to buy my son a spur of the moment gift. JoAnn Fabric's had this cute little drinking cup in the shape of a rubber ducky (my son has started collecting them) that was on the clearance table. I though-"wow, he'll think this is so cute and so cool. I'll buy it for him as a surprise". Didn't spend a lot and he was delighted. 20 minutes later he was having a temper tantrum and shouting how much he hated me. My feelings were a little hurt I must admit. Here I had bought him this way cool ducky cup and because I gave him a time out for being sassy I was now to be hated not loved.

I now have a little more insight into how God must feel when He deals with me, His child and He has given me so much more than a cheap little ducky cup.

33 comments:

ByHISstripesIamhealed said...

Hi Jib,
My Sister-in-law collects rubber duckies too and let me tell you, if you haven't been to celebriducks.com yet, you may want to check it out. I have boughten for her some of the CUTEST Christian duckies such as Jesus the Good Shepard, Moses, and angel etc. Go there and click on the religous selection...CUTE!!
Love Judy

kinderquilt said...

jib,
Sometimes I feel like a rubber ducky...floating around in a big sea of sin and squeaking my indignation to God when I don't get my way! Thanks for reminding me how God must see me at times :) I love you!

Marge said...

Jib,
I wanted to pop over and visit, and say, hello. Then I read your 'ducky cup,' comments. Ah ha! Now I 'get' what the earlier remarks were all about, concerning ducky cups :) It takes awhile, but there are times when things 'click!' LOL.

What a great analogy! I'm sure we all can relate to it. After all, we're human, right? Forgiven, but human.

Anyway, I've been visiting Wilma, and having a great time, hanging out with her, and I wanted to give you a 'special' invitation, to come join us, when you have time, okay?
(I know you've visited there, before, and are aware, etc.)
And Jim stops by there, too. With his insights and such.

Much love, and God's continued blessing upon you, and your family! And also for the healing touch of Jesus to reach down and touch you, from the top of your head, to the bottom of your feet :) In other words, everything!
(be healed, in the precious and wonderful name of Jesus Christ!)

kinderquilt said...

Hey jib,
Back from a short vacation. PT is going quite well...thanks for asking. I know what you mean about not listening at age 16 :) I'm still looking for a job, but I know God has a plan, whatever that may be! Just took two hours to catch up on Joel's blog...why do people even bother with those mice who just want to stir things up? I just clicky, clicky! I enjoyed your comments there, btw. I wonder who the commic relief is. There were some funny things there! Well, going to stop in to say hello to Marge, so I'll say good night. God bless you, sister. I love you!

Marge said...

Jib,
I was just reading Wilma's Blog, and saw your concerns about being more of a winess at your job.
I just wanted to say, I know where you're coming from, and I've been in similiar situations, although without the pressures of being 100%, in regards to people's health. (*which IMHO is admirable)
Anyhow, although you and I don't share the same temperment, we do share the same circumstance, to some degree. And all I can tell you, is that I've been led, (I believe this is from the Holy Spirit, too) to 'live' my Faith in front of others, because they (rarely) want to hear abut it :(
Of course, I live in the most unchurched County in the United States, according the recent Polls, too. And everyone is called to different callings, and has different giftings, too. So, perhaps I'm not much help to you whatsoever :) But, seriously, after prayer and medication, ask the Lord, if He would rather you live your Faith in front of your Staff, (co-workers, etc.) or does He want you to share your Faith? And maybe it's just to share with a certain few that the Lord leads you too? Anyway, these are just my thoughts on the subject. Because from what I've seen, people are attracted to someone that 'walks the walk,' and not (necessarily) someone that, 'talks the talk.'
People desire to see Jesus. And as the old saying goes, "The only Jesus that some people see, is the Jesus in you."

Have a blessed Sunday!
And yeah, I do read other people's Blogs, more than my own, LOL!

jib said...

Marge,

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement today. i really appreciate it.

Marge said...

Jib,
You are so very welcome!

Love ya!

Marge said...

Jib,
I left a little message for you, over on Kinderquilt's Blog. And I saw where you were missing her, too.

I'll be agreeing with you, in prayer, that your surgery goes well, on the 28th, too! (Be sure to post it on Wilma's Blog, for prayer, too, okay?)

Love ya!

kinderquilt said...

jib,
I just logged on from a very long stay-away. Don't know why....have so many other things going on in my life, blogging is last on the list! Then when I miss a week, I don't want to take the time to catch up, so I stay away...which only makes it harder to catch up! Anyway, I have to go check Joel's blog to see what you all are talking about with you know who. Maybe I shouldn't, but I'm curious. Right now I just wanted to say thank you for caring for me, encouraging me and loving me! I also wanted to say that, yes, I'll be praying for you on the 28th, too. Let us know how you are, okay? Bunches of love to you. K

Marge said...

Jib,
I'm also praying for you, for your operation, on the 28th :) And please let us know how you're doing, okay?

Kinderquilt,
It's good to see you back!
And you may be interested to know, that I don't visit you-know-whos Blog, anymore, either :)
A couple of reasons, but the main one being, that while in prayer, I felt moved to stop alot of things that were cutting into my time.
As you know, there are "good things, and then there are God things." But, I still keep gleaning on Joel's Blog.

Jib,
You've been adding so much great info. at Joel's, too! Thanks!

Love ya, and God's richest blessings to both of you!

jib said...

Marge

I am astonished by the news. I do know what you mean however.

Thanks for your prayers. I have no idea what is in store for me at this juncture in my life. I may end up with a diagnosis of nothing, I may end up with a diagnosis of cancer. You would be proud of me I think, I had a brief acupuncture treatment this afternoon which is supposed to positively impact precancerous or cancerous conditions but you have to have the treatment prior to initiation of treatment. we'll see since it is pre biopsy. I don't particularly believe in the whole philosophy that underlies acupuncture of trapped chi but since we don't really know how the body is wired for a 100% certainty can't hurt

Marge said...

Jib,
I've had acu-pressure, at my Chiroprators, but that's it. But it made everything feel soooo much better!

And I AM proud of you! Not only in believing God for your healing, and health. But, you're not afraid to stand alone, for what you believe is right! PTL!
If more Christians had more of a 'backbone,' insitid of a 'wish bone,' and walked in Faith, I believe we'd see the hand of God move a LOT more in this land, and in the world. IMO.

I'll be praying for you tomorrow, and let us know how you are doing, when you're up to it, okay?

Much love! And may God surround you with His presence and Love, as only He can. God IS a good God :)

jib said...

Marge

backbone I have a plenty. my dad says if my son considers me a marshmallow he'll need to watch out for the steel core!

surgery went fine-didn't take long. doc said it was the smallest of that kind she'd ever done and she's been in practice about 20 years. thank you for your prayers. now we just wait for the pathology report.

Marge said...

Jib,
PTL! And we'll be agreeing that everything else goes along well, too!
What's that commercial? You're in good hands with Alstate Insurance?
Forget them! You are in God's hands, and He holds you, in His care :)

Love ya, and thanks for letting us know, too!

Marge said...

Jib,
I know that you will be getting your test results tomorrow, and I wanted to remind you, that prayer changes things. And we are expecting an excellent report.

The song, Learning to Lean, came to mind, when you told us about the upcoming results. Although the lyrics are simple, they are powerful, and they can be used as prayer. I know I often do. Because Faith is pretty much, just that. Learning to lean. Believing the Bible, and the Words of Jesus.

Love you much, and remember, that "The future is as bright, as the promises of God."

Marge said...

Jib,
I just read the wonderful report, on Wilma's Blog. PTL! And you did lean on Jesus, just like the song!
Learning to Lean, has been going thru my spirit ever since I read your prayer request. It's one powerful song!

Love ya, and thanks for the Praise report!

jib said...

Thanks Marge for your kindness, words of wisdom and your prayers. You will no doubt be pleased to know that I am using black cohosh for my hot flashes(at the suggestion of my doc) and I'm pleasantly surprised to find that it seems to actually be working this time-yes I can sleep!

never was impressed with echinacea for a cold but since I actually don't really get just a cold and always get bronchitis maybe it doesn't work so well for that. any suggestions?

Marge said...

Jib,
I'm so happy about your great report! It's God's goodness to us :)

Actually, you may find this interesting, but Echinacea can cause allergic reactions in some people. And IMO isn't that effective. (although thought to be, in a lot of circles)
For a good preventitive, I use Emergen-c. (the super orange is good, and you can use OJ to mix it in, if you'd like instid of water, too)
And of course, Umcka, by Nature's Way. (an African Geramium, and medicine used by the Zulu's for years!) Try cherry, as the grape is rather bitter.
And for anything other than a Cold? Also by Nature's Way, a product called, Sambucol. And you're gonna like this about the product. Because Samucol is the actual extract used in the clinical studies, in Israel! It's a unique elderberry formula, that other brands have imitated. And it's also Kosher :) Anyhow, it's a natural upper respitory health product, that is used worldwide.
If you want to check out Umcka, or Samucol, you can visit:

www.naturesway.com

As you know, Natural Products have no regulations, so you have to watch the brands. IMO you can't go wrong, with Natures Way, New Chapter, (Zylamend for inflammation is also really good!) Pure Essance, Natrol, Solaray, Enzymatic, Garden of life, etc. Oh, and Blue Bonnet. Not a complete list, but a pretty good start. (Twin Lab is also okay :)
And this information, is all just my opinion, too :)

I subscribe to Dr. Julian Whitaker's health letter, from Orange Co., CA., and he says, that Vit D is also a huge benefit to take, especially in the Northern climates in the winter, to prevent Colds. But, you should be getting pleanty of sun, living in AZ. However, he has a website, if you're interested, and it's pretty informative. And he sells his own line of Health care products, that are excellent, although I only get his Health letter.
Anyway, more info. than what you asked for, I know. Bu don't get me started, LOL.

Black Cohosh is good, too. But, you may want to check out progesterone cream. (I've used it for over 20 years now!) The book by, Dr. John Lee, explains all about it. And Dr. Julian Whitaker also has info. on it, as he studied all the research, too. It's a wonderful product!

God bless you, and much love!
And sorry about more info. than what you asked for, too. I hope some of it helps.

jib said...

Marge
I elected not to post your note but the answer to the question is yes I do think there would have been a wolf cry long before now. I also think that the other wouldn't be able to maintain any kind of charade for this long either. Anyway it really doesn't matter to me-I love them both although one is a little more annoying than the other. I'm personally satisfied that I'm right and if I were to turn out to be wrong oh well. I'd be disappointed but not mad.

I really think that a certain someone's rejection of her has taken her joy away from coming to Joel's and the other sites not that there is anything we can do about that. I have been praying but seems you know who is a tough nut to crack either that or I'm not praying hard enough or consistently enough. She's driven people away from her site and some away from Joel's-remember Phil 3 something? I know he left after a dust up with her at Joel's and hasn't been back at all. he never went blue either so it's not like we can track him down.

who knows where AR and Ryan went. I guess they got busy or the blog became to intolerant and divisive. I'd blame endtime and josh for them however and the constant stream of annoying mice. I sure miss AR and wish she'd at least visit me or wilma's. I seem to recall her job could be a little dangerous so may be she got hurt in some fashion and isn't able to blog. who knows. Ryan was a student and I just think he got busy and didn't have time in the scheme of things.

jib said...

well I was going to mention the whole spiritual pride thing as well. I think there is a fair amount of arrogance involved as well.

jim.carroll said...

Jib;

Shalom! When you said "sco", that immediately sent up some red flags. The products I know can handle linux file systems, but I don't know what kind of filesystem your SCO server would have. You'd have to talk to whoever set up your system and administers it.

As an fyi, SCO is going out of business. Don't know how this will affect the software you're using, but you should keep that in mind.

Marge said...

Jib,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (a bit early, as you may be turning your computer off, on your Birthday)
And let me say, that I'm hoping that you not only have a truly wonderful Birthday, but that it turns out to be one of the most 'peaceful' days of the year, as well :)

Love you much, and God's richest and most abundant blessings upon you, and your family, too!

I can't say it enough, how much I've enjoyed reading your comments over this past year, and how much I've learned along with it! Thanks!!!
I also appreciate the fact that you stand according to your principles, no matter what the outcome. A truly Godly concept, IMO. Being 'direct' in communication, is true to the Bible. Jesus never 'sugar coated' the truth, and I don't believe we should either. (tell your brother I said so, too, LOL) Love ya!

jib said...

Thanks Marge

am checking this at work. it's been a really long two days and not getting any shorter.

I hope to be going out to the Melting Pot tomorrow night for my birthday dinner-me, hubby and the little one.

let's hope tomorrow is a peaceful day.

kinderquilt said...

jib,
Happy, happy birthday! (I know it's tomorrow) May God fill your day with a bazillion little blessings and show you each one! I love you, sis! K

kinderquilt said...

Dear Jib,
Here's wishing you a great meal tonight :)

To Jib and Marge,
On a more serious note, it has been bothering me that I may have offended you and my dear sweet Marge with my big post at my blog, letting the cat out of the bag as to the identity of you know who. That was certainly not my intention...I just didn't want us to make the mistake of talking negatively about anyone, and that's easy to do for me, I know. She is an intelligent woman, so if she was reading my blog, she surely would have known we were talking about her. If I have hurt you in any way, woe is me! You are such a dear sister and friend (even though we have not yet met), that it would pain me to think that I have caused you any grief. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid; if so, please let me know. Until we meet in the sky (or at the cafe), I am K.

jib said...

Thanks K

we did have a good time. our son who is 4 just loved the fondue restaurant!

no while I can't speak for Marge really, I don't believe either one of us was offended at your post. My concern was that we had offended you by our plain speaking. I asked Marge once if Child knew what we were saying. She said she figured she knew what was going on and it didn't seem to bother her (Child) much. Marge says that one of the reasons she quit blogging at Child's was because of pointed comments by the hostess making her feel less than welcome there. I didn't go and read through the comments however so will take her word for it. I also know that Wilma felt led to stop posting at Child's over people's attitudes also. Not entirely sure what that was about as Wilma requested that Child take that post down. I did read Child's response however and it did seem to be an attitude thing but not sure over what, who etc.

What really hit me with what happened with you and me was that she (child) is prideful and arrogant about her walk with God to a certain extent. She eventually came across, at least to me, that her walk was better than other people's walk with God and she seems to believe she has a special direct pipeline to the Spirit which no one else could possibly have. The woman truly believes that you are Josh who is really Mudkitty because the Holy Spirit told her so. The fact that the evidence that you are who you say you are is there is meaningless because the Spirit told her you are not you! What for me is worse is that there are people on the blog who appear to go along with her on this for reasons that I can not fathom. It is like she has a personality cult going on. Child says "x is true and therefore it must be true despite evidence to the contrary". I am also not the only one who has observed this either.

I have also observed that she rarely apologizes for being wrong-she has a couple of times but really doesn't happen often (i guess mostly because she thinks she isn't wrong). I nearly choked when she said recently on Joel's-"now this is just my opinion so be nice if you want to debate" it or words to that effect-since she has at times been the most intolerant person on that blog of ideas different from her own since I have been going there.

Harsh words but actually meant with love. My close friends will tell you never ask me for an opinion on something without being prepared to hear what you might not want to hear. I do have respect for Child. I do think she has a walk with God that is phenomenal-a walk that I would love to claim that I have. Having said that, I don't feel that this makes her better or more unique or more worthy of praise than many others who blog on Joel's, wilma's or any other site for that matter. I also don't think that it necessarily give her words more weight over other people's words either.

K

you are a sister and a dear friend on line. I can't wait to meet you and everyone else I have been blogging with over the last year or so (including Child). If I had my druthers I meet all of you in person on earth too but that isn't likely to happen. I promise if you offend me I will let you know okay?

Marge said...

Kinderquilt,
Of course, I wasn't offended, in the least little bit. How could I be? I just believed, at the time, it was a good idea to refer to, a child of the King, as you know who, because if anyone else read about it, it wouldn't be adding any more fuel to the fire.

And as Jib related, I withdrew from reading her Blog because of several comments, and in general, the attitude and direction that her Blog has taken. Along with the fact, that I didn't agree with the 'blind following,' of her errors, regarding you, and also Jib. (with Jib, she could have been more gracious, IMO.) So, taking Amos 3:3, "Can two walk together, except they be agreed," and I Cor. 13, (the Love Chapter) to heart, I removed myself from the situation. And I'm quite sure that some of the ladies believe I might be upset with, a child of the King, too? I dunno. Because I haven't gone back to read her Blog, and have no intentions of doing so, as long as she continues in her error. Besides I'm using my time in other directions now :)

I have no doubts that, a child of the King, is saved, and on her way to Heaven. She's all that and more, PTL. And I love her with the love of Christ, as well.
That being said, I know from my own experience, that it is often easier to "miss what God says," than getting it right :( It's all a part of 'learning' to follow the presence of God,' thru obeying the Holy Spirit. And if a person misses it, it's up to them to repent, and go to the Lord, and ask, "Lord, where did I miss it?"

It's like the illustration of a person trying to get a radio station on their radio. If they don't get the signal right, wouldn't it be foolish to call that radio station up, and say, "there's something wrong with your radio station, and you'd better do something about it, and do it now!" (Or even worse, to miss it entirely, and not realize it? OR ignore the fact?)
No, you'd get your radio fixed. Or, in this day and age, you'd no doubt go out and buy another one :)
But, that 'blows' the illustration out of the water, LOL. At any rate, this analogy is from a teaching by, Kenneth E. Hagin. My goodness, he often confessed to 'missing it,' and repented. And in public, no less. After all we're still human, and capable of 'messing up,' right? At least, I surely can! (Forgiven, not perfect)
And I also prayed about saying something before I withdrew from her Blog. But, the answer I received, from the Holy Spirit, was to just withdraw. Period. Because God knew the reasoning, and it didn't matter what anyone else thought. We have to all be true with our walk with God, Amen?
Anyhow, that's my reasoning, and please know, that I wasn't offended, in the least little bit.
And I'm not offended my anyone else.
Along with Jib, I walk the Love Walk, no matter the price. And although I'm maybe not as direct as Jib? I'm as sincere :) It's only because our temperments are somewhat different, that I'm not as direct, because I appreciate people that are direct, a LOT!

Jib,
I'm glad you had a neat Birthday! And I wish you many, many more, too! Hey, who knows just how much longer things will continue on, before the Rapture? All I know, is that I want to go on the first load outta here, LOL! But, however we arrive in Heaven? It'll be worth it all one day, Amen?

Much love and God's best for you both today! And every day, too!

jib said...

Hah. Love the analogy Marge.
I did apologize to her but because I stood by what I said she wouldn't really accept my apology. oh well.

YOU may appreciate direct but you wouldn't believe the number of people who don't. On reflection quite anumber of them are male and quite a few are muslim. oh well.

my son had to go to doctor's office this am due to nasty cough. nursing staff asked him what he had done last night and he told them how much he had anjoyed mommy's pot party last night. My hubby was aghast and dumbfounded. The nurses were raising their eyebrows and when they looked back at my son he volunteered we had been to the "Melting Pot". Hubby said they snickered quite awhile at that one once they figured out what exactly he meant by his comment. yeesh.

jib said...

not sure they do or if they do they care?

your other observation may be dead on however without any other information to go on. playing devil's advocate it could also be protective given presence of obvious other problems (dementia)

Marge said...

Jib,
I thought about that,......later :)

However, I'm thinking, that not enough info. was provided. But it did pop into my mind.

Marge said...

Jib,
BTW, I LOVED your son's comment!
Too funny! (you're not going to hear the end of it, though)

And I'm agreeing, with you, in prayer, that your little guy gets well very soon, too!

Love ya, and God bless you, and yours!

jib said...

oh well Marge-I can handle it :-)

kinderquilt said...

Dearest Sister,
Well...where to begin? As usual, other things keep me away from blogging, so I've just been busy. I'll tell you all about that in a minute. First, I'm very relieved to hear that I did not offend you or Marge :) I understand what you are saying about the attitude at Child's blog page...I felt it, too. For a while I was reading there, but I got the feeling of a clique or a cultish gathering, as you said...no matter what the hostess said, everyone wholeheartedly agreed. That hurts, because I really love a lot of those ladies, like Forgiven Daughter, mommyjen and others, but like you said, someday we will meet in the sky and then the truth will be out :) Until then, I will be very happy to talk with you, Marge and the lampost (can't forget that!).
Second, I really enjoyed your newest post, about faith. I hear you, girl! My news involves a lot of faith, too, but more about that later.
Third, POT Party...ha! That was a good one :) Did your little guy know what a stir he caused? I wouldn't put it past a four-year-old to know how to raise the hair on his elders' heads!
Fourth, I appreciate directness, too. I also am very direct, but I try to be soft about it whenever possible. Though, sometimes you just have to s-p-e-l-l it out for some people! And I appreciate your frankness, jib. I love you just the way you are!

Marge,
I love you, sister! As I said to jib, I am very pleased that you were not offended. I agree with what you both said about our sister...she is amazing, knowledgable, and no doubt, truly loves the Lord. She is also a mighty prayer warrior, or at least she seems to be. I truly feel that she is losing touch with the world around her and therefore she has issues. However, as I told jib, someday she will meet the Lord and know the truth. If I'm there at that time, I will be waiting with a big KINDERQUILT hug for her!

Jib and Marge,
So, girls, here is what's been happening to me:
First, I did find a job! It was definately from God. A former boss doing an observation on one of her students at a preschool and the VP of the school "just happened" to mention that she had a position available. My boss/friend felt the Lord urging her to mention me and the other VP told her to send me over. I "just happened" to be at my old school (where my friend was my boss) and in the office when the friend called looking for my number! I talked to her and she advised me to take my resume over to the school (a special ed. preschool) the next day. That afternoon I was scheduled for an interview to become a sub. in the local school district, so I was professionally dressed. When I got there, the VP of the school "just happened" to have some time for me (we were interrupted several times during the interview, that's how little free time she has). She conducted the interview, showed me the school and the teacher I would be working with and told me I had the job if I wanted it! Well, the position is for a teacher's aide and pays even less than I made at my previous job, but my husband agreed that it would okay for me to accept (he is a cautious man and believes I should be making big bucks because of my education, so he was not happy with the salary or the benefits, but I think he knew how much I wanted this job. I don't want to be in charge of a classroom anymore...I'd rather let someone else have the headaches of running a classroom while I have all the fun with the kids!). Anyway, the VP is calling me next week to let me know when I can start. Cool, huh? God is sooooooo amazing and faithful!
Second, I think I have mentioned before that I make a certain sewing product and have been selling them to my friends and aquaintances (and a lot of people who see mine and want one, too). I've made about 200 of them and sold most of them; others I've given as gifts. Well long story short, I believe God has been gently pushing me to market the product and go into business. He has been trying to convince me to trust Him in this endeavor and I am finally listening! Still, I didn't know where to begin. One day a few weeks ago, I "just happened" to mention to my very good friend that I was thinking of markenting the product and she told me that she "just happens" to be taking a business class where the teacher is requiring her to market a product! She agreed to use my product for the project, (she owns several of them herself!), and we worked yesterday to design a logo, a business card and a flyer for my product! I looked into having the logo trademarked and am having my daughter help me design a webpage. I do have an email account set up especially for this product. (If I put it here, would that betray my identity, do you know? I would really like you two to see what I so love to do and why I chose "kinderquilt" for my moniker.) Anyway, things are really moving along on both fronts and I am reeeeeeallllly learning to trust God. I am a cautious person, too, (which really means that between my husband and I, sometimes things don't get done for a loooooong time around here!), so I don't like to get out of my comfort zone very often. I am learning to trust Him and follow His lead. What scares me the very most is REJECTION; you know what I mean, don't you girls? The possibility of failure and the chance that non-believers will reject me is so scary for me. What if nobody buys my product and my business fails? I have worked in a Christian environment for 14 years and I am frightened to go into a secular workplace. I have often said that i was very content to be there and "how can any Christian go into a hostile environment every day and remain sane?" Well, I guess I will soon find out! Please, please pray for me, would you sisters? I really need and covet your prayers.

Well, I think I have taken up enough of Jib's space, so I'll go visit Joel's now. Thank you for listening and for being my "invisible" friends! I truly love you both and can't wait to meet you. Bye for now. K